Saturday, December 17, 2011

day 16.

on the 16th day of christmas, i harvested a little something from my garden!



some onions! this little onion started sprouting in my cupboard. the sprouts looked so healthy that i decided to shove it in one of my planter boxes and boyyyyyyy did it make it happy.
it started to die off a little and not knowing correct onion protocol, i yanked it up!
now i have half a dozen little baby onions :D can't wait to think up something yum to cook with them!

even though the whole advent blogging thing is supposed to be to blog about christmassy type things, i find myself more and more blogging about my gardeny type things. there's just way too much going on in my little backyard oasis to keep to myself!

what's going on in your garden?

also, have you entered my giveaway yet? you could win a very nice hand-knitted cushion! all you have to do is leave a comment on that post! easy as pie!
i also extended the deadline because i mayyy have forgotten to draw it on sunday. i'm drawing tit tomorrow instead! better hop to and enter because this is your last chance!

1 comment:

RobynLouise said...

Lol, you jumped the gun a bit with the onion! I've done that with garlic and ended up with a big all in one bulb with no cloves! I had to learn to wait till nearly all the top died off before digging it up.
Just thinking if you had a small crop of onions and pulled them early you would have a nice little pile of pickling size onions to season and preserve in jars for later use.
Cheers,
Robyn