Tuesday, February 7, 2012

what i'm reading... february.

one of my 2012 goals is to read a book a month. last month, i successfully (finally!) got through this book, which took me almost a year! it wasn't a bad read, i'm just a bit of a spontaneous reader. i'll be in the mood for a read, read a third of a book and then not touch it again for a month or two!
this one took me even longer to read because i managed to lose my copy in june, only to find it in a second hand book store again in august!

this month however, i'm making a flying start!
i've chosen to read...



after a fair few people had said some good things on 'the twitter'

it was actually the first purchase we made on bb's christmas present...




a kindle! thanks to the delightful wes, for tweeting about the super bargain price!
i'd never used one before and was a whole lotta skeptic, but i do kind of love it :D
it takes all the awkwardness out of reading because of the buttons on either side.

i'm over half way through this book and although there's been a couple of moments where my inner prude has recoiled somewhat, the large majority of the text is quite easy to read. there have actually been a couple of instances where i've laughed out loud, scaring the crap out of bb, or whoever is on the train/bus next to me.

definitely a page turner, er, button clicker, so far. i don't think i'll have much trouble getting through it by the end of the month ;)

what are you reading at the moment?

4 comments:

Cath said...

Lovely to see you last night! What am I reading... reading books seems to have disappeared from my skill list over the past 5 years...so I'm reading the current issue of Mollie Makes and Donna Hay...

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

It is an interesting book isn't it? I didn't even know I had an inner prude until reading it though. I found it fascinating comparing the public persona of Marieke {who I LOVE} with the one in this book.

I'm reading I have a bed made of buttermik pancakes - bought for its cover - and am LOVING it.

nicole said...

'i have a bed made of buttermilk pancakes' sounds like something i'd buy for the title alone! if it had a nice cover, i'd be powerless to resist!!

Yvette Adams said...

I did a blog post about books yesterday too! I wanted to see what book you just finished but I can't get the link to work to see what it is.

I'm interested to know what you think of Marieke's book. I haven't read it. I'm currently reading I Can Jump Puddles which I'm loving.