Wednesday, January 20, 2010

hope after a massacre.

my, my jasmine, you do look sad. wilty, like you need water. but it's been raining for most of the week, how could you possibly be thirsty.


oh now i see, you're not thirsty, you've just been completely severed approximately 10 cm from the ground by the utterly careless lawnmower man. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
seriously cannot explain my anger and sadness right now. i've had this little plant since before i moved out of home and it's travelled with me from place to place. it survived hot summers on a concrete 1m square balcony on punt road. and survived being knocked over again and again and again by the wind on the patio in narre warre. and now in the quiet suburbia of blackburn it's been destroyed.
soooooooooooooooo irritating as it was looking MAGNIFICENT and was obviously loving being in the ground after being in a pot for so many year.


but there's hope. of all these little cuttings, surely at least 1 will sprout?


and there's always the little stick the lovely lawnmower man has left me. my neighbour assures me that jasmine is a hardy sucker and it will most definitely grow back.
here's hoping...

No comments: