Tuesday, January 27, 2015

spring socks.

one of my goals for this month was to finish up the 'twilight' socks i started back in october and i'm SUPER happy to say that they are all done!



they're absolutely massive on me, but they're done!



the heel flap looks a little silly on me, and i've managed to make them too long, as well as not quite working enough gusset decreases, ending up with more stitches on the sole of my socks, than on the instep. oh well. they're still warm.

and i LOVE the colours.



i've got quite the collection of hand knitted socks building up and it's rad.

do you wear hand knitted socks? do you knit socks?

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful socks! I knit lots of socks but only have one pair for myself. Everytime I try to knit a pair for myself, they are claimed by someone else before they ever leave my needles. :-) You have a gorgeous pile of socks.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kylie said...

They look lovely. Nevermind the extra ease, they'll be worn still, I bet. I'm fond of loose socks for bed or padding around the house, or on a really cold night, over a pair of thinner socks :)

Kylie said...

They look lovely. Nevermind the extra ease, they'll be worn still, I bet. I'm fond of loose socks for bed or padding around the house, or on a really cold night, over a pair of thinner socks :)

Rachelle said...

Those will be great socks for in bed, being a tad large won't hurt for that, or even over another pair of socks in a pair of boots in winter. They look good in any case. Unfortunately if I knit anything that's too big for me my husband snaffles them pretty darned quick! I'm currently knitting socks for me though, I rarely wear bought socks now so need more handknits and he still wears bought ones to work, so he doesn't need more than the 3 pairs he currently has.