Saturday, January 10, 2015

green love.

one of the goals i wrote on tuesday's list, was to have a bit of green time, everyday. my goal is to spend a bit of time out in my garden everyday. not necessarily a huge chunk of time, it might only be 5 minutes or so, but just enough time to get at least one task done a day. maybe getting the plants watered, or pulling some weeds or dead growth from a bed or a pot. little jobs, working me towards a neat, tidy and productive little space.

it's going well so far!



i FINALLY got my act together and got some tomatoes planted out!
i had four poor plants that were languishing in teeny pots in a box next to my front door, i hope they still do ok.
i'm also trying to keep them (and the barely surviving chilli plant i planted last year on bb's request) safe with the bird netting. stay away possums!

the potatoes i planted seem to be pretty happy...



though i do need to top up the bags again. so excited about the prospect of home grown potatoes!

tidying up this strawberry box was one of my little 5 minute jobs this week.



there was a whole heap of dead growth on the plants (oops, forgot to water properly on the hot days!) as well as quite a few weeds. looking good now though!

i left the job of pulling out my broad bean plants a little bit late...



and it's growing again! OOPS! oh well, fresh broad beans will never go astray.

and finally, my yard is looking a bit tidier than last time...



phew! feeling a lot happier in this space now. and now to keep it up!

how's your green space looking? how much time do you spend tending your patch?

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

It is looking good, mine is needing more water I think, but the spinach and kale are doing well. I've not been spending a lot of time out there as I've been busy painting instead; that's done now though so time to get weeding.

Megan said...

My garden is so overgrown with weeds. I got a gardener in to weed it and was planning on getting someone to spread mulch too but that quote came back much more expensive than I thought so I haven't yet and now the weeds are all back again. Sigh. However, the lawns are looking pretty good. Five minutes of green time a day is a great idea! Maybe I will need to instigate that at the new house.