Saturday, March 8, 2014

little lovelies.

every week, i try and share a little list of lovely things that have happened throughout the week in my neck of the woods, to try and keep myself looking on the bright side of things.

today marks the first day of the second week of my new exercise plan...



and so far, i'm quite enjoying getting them done and ticked off the calendar. there's been a couple of stiff, sore days... but nothing too intense thankfully!

i threw some clothes on to go to work in on friday (i'd left my dry cleaning at work!)



it wasn't until i was jumping off the bus that i realised that the cardigan AND the skirt i was wearing were both made by ME! and then i was pretty chuffed!

speaking of buses... i've taken the bus to work almost everyday this week!



and there's been lots of working on this blankie! i really don't mind taking the bus, as it gives me a chance to just sit and be (and knit) before or after a busy day of working.

this morning, i suggested to bb we head out and check out our local 'craft' market. and i'm super thankful we did! as well as some really nice looking fruit, vegies and eggs, we also found some nice succulents!



i took the opportunity to replant this little terrarium i was gifted for my birthday last year. i managed to kill the succulent that was planted in there with a little bit too much water and not enough sunlight!
hopefully these new plants will fair a little better!

and speaking of plants...



these guys were absolutely singing the other morning when i was leaving for work and i couldn't help but snap a photo of them!

what's been putting a smile on your face this week? can you keep succulents alive? do you make clothes that you wear?

2 comments:

Lyndel said...

succlents, Yes! only thing that really grows well for me. Make my own clothes? not any more. :( glad you are keeping to your exercise plan.

Betsy said...

I make most all of my clothes but I don't have many house plants anymore. Just one and I don't know how it's alive. Way to go on making your skirt and cardigan and your exercise too! I need to be better and more consistent at that myself.
Blessings,
Betsy