Thursday, June 2, 2011

our creative space

yesterday i was ALL about the beanies. it was beanie central! i had to finish a couple off and then write up tags for them all and then attach the damn things (not a lot of fun...)
would you like to see what's winging it's way to alice springs as we speak?


these 6 were all made from the same type of wool, moda vera tammy. it's a wool that has about 6 different yarn types within a ball with a single colour palette which makes for some pretty interesting beanies! the one in the bottom right corner is made of leftovers from the other beanies. two of these ones were knitting in the round which i now LOVE. i am quite lazy so the thought of sewing up the seams on straight knitted ones is a little much...


these two i actually sent away last year (there's that laziness again...), but they unfortunately didn't sell and i got them back. instead of just sending them again, i gave them a bit of a jazz up. in truth, i had a whole year to do this and it took me til yesterday to 'get around' to it. procrastination queen.


and this one, well this one is a bit special. this is the test knit i did for lisa. the pattern is called terzetto, which i believe is spanish for triangles. completely appropriate name as the entire pattern is made up of triangles!


lisa is set to release the pattern in the next few days and i would definitely recommend it! it was quick and easy to knit up and the instructions were beautifully clear and succinct! i struggled with the decreasing on the dpns at the end but that is because i am completely inept! i looked so awkward with the damned things, i thought i was going to injure myself! i got the hang of them though and it left a lovely finish! i'm really glad i bought myself two balls of the wool so i can make myself one!

unfortunately i only managed 9 beanies this year, the 10th is still in this state. not quite ready for alice springs this year. next year definitely though!


now i'm off to work unfortunately so not much creating for me today, maybe a little tired crochet once i get home and make and eat dinner!

more creative spaces can now be found here!

10 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely beanies - some great colours in there!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Looks like you've been busy. I know what you mean about procrastination. I have about 5 projects that have been left half finished at the moment. They are nagging away at me...

Ady said...

Super job with the beanies! And I especially love the terzetto one. Lovely!

seabreezequilts said...

Love the beanies, great weather for it too.

yardage girl said...

Nice beanies - I reckon some Melbournians need these too lately with this chilly weather!

trudi@maudeandme said...

Fab beanies! Love those mixed colours. I always try to avoid sewing up whe possible too!

Faeryfay said...

Love the beanies! They are addictive aren't they!?:-)

Lisa@goodknits said...

Your Terzetto looks nice!! I'm so glad the pattern worked out!

Actually, all of the beanies look great. I get on beanie kicks some times. I made about a dozen in the few weeks before Christmas, last year!

lamina@do a bit said...

Very cute beanies... Love the moda vera tammy wool... how cool :)

Lyndel said...

oh you have done a wonderful job there, well done. I know what you mean about too many projects. I finished my Yarn Bombing one today for Federation Square and went in and installed my pieces, next thing to tackle and finish is my Hot Water Bottle Cover for the Hottie Challenge....