Saturday, November 14, 2009

notable absence.

my apologies for the long spaces between blog posts. my capped internets have been driving me crazy! it would take about an hour to load a blog page to read, let alone upload pretty pictures to show you all. in any case with that madness behind me let me fill you in...

after my last post, i went back to the country to visit my parents again. this time though, i actually got some damn gardening done. i called on some help from this one.

and these old moles. they were both much more helpful than the damned goat. with boss cocky shouting encouragement (probably insults, he's hard to understand) and the chooks milling to find any tasty tidbits that were coming out from the clumps of weeds. they only occasionally went for my finger nails instead...


i worked away a little bit at this little garden bed. it's outside the gate of my mums vegie garden and it's been my dream to turn it into a little flower patch since we moved in (7 years ago). this summer it's going to happen! i can see it now, nicely mulched in daisies and pigface, brightening up everything, with some nice pavers leading up to the gate. it'll happen, mark my words.


i still hadn't managed to get any ripple wool so i was working frantically on this baby. it's getting quite long now. this is on the fourth ball of five so it should be finished soon. and i can't wait for it to be done. scarves are easy but get a bit monotonous. i can't wait to sink my needles into some juicy beanies. yes i think you'll be hearing quite a lot about beanies in the posts to come.


and to support a good cause, i purchased this lovely shade of nailpolish. opi are my favourite and if you buy this colour (queen of pink), they'll donate $10 to breast cancer funds. amazing. and pretty too! the colour reminds me of fairy floss :D


as for those pesky weekly goals, the teetering pile of filing is still there, teetering away. that's todays big goal actually, only a week after i decided i'd do it.
this weeks goal is to finally book tickets for the boy and my's new years holidays. and i've just done this. one way only though, i'll let the credit card recover a bit before purchasing return tickets i think.
i'm thinking a ripple update might be coming soon, it's been a while...

No comments: